Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Informative Exceptions

It's been a while since there's been an update about v4 progress. Rest assured - progress is being made. Since building a framework is not a very visual thing, it's hard to post screenshots, but I figured I would post one of the current Exceptions screen. These screens only show up when the ENVIRONMENT is set to development, and provide a pretty thorough snapshot of the system at the time.

Due to the way that PHP7 treats Errors, a screen similar to this is shown for all Exceptions and Errors that are descendants of Throwable. PHP does reserve a few things that still crash and we cannot catch, but there's much less than before.

As always, this is very much a preview and may/is likely to change before any public beta is released, etc, etc.

While not a game-changing feature, it is fairly handy to have when developing.

[Image: CI4Exceptions.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015, 07:05 PM by orionstar.)

You should include your Profiler tool too! Maybe the tabs on the screenshot is the sign of that? Smile

(11-29-2015, 07:04 PM)orionstar Wrote: You should include your Profiler tool too! Maybe the tabs on the screenshot is the sign of that? Smile

There is no profiler tool built in yet, and I can't say exactly what form it will take, but there's always a good possibility something like that will show up.

Just - no guarantees. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB