Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Class file name case-sensitivity

So in the CI2 to CI3 upgrade instructions, it says to change Library, Controller and Model file names to be upper-case first.

Due to GIT ignoring case-sensitivity by default, by files were being pushed with lower-case names.

After switching between some branches, my newly renamed upper-case first file names had been replaced with lower case names.

Oddly, the CI3 installation still worked?

Is this due to me using Google App Engine on Windows? And not a typical LAMP stack on Linux?

What are the repercussions if I don't give file names an upper-case first file name?

(12-22-2015, 04:56 AM)mr_pablo Wrote: Is this due to me using Google App Engine on Windows? And not a typical LAMP stack on Linux?

Yes, it is because of your Windows enviroment. I develop on a Windows machine using wamp and it is also case insensitive.

(12-22-2015, 04:56 AM)mr_pablo Wrote: What are the repercussions if I don't give file names an upper-case first file name?

Your application will break. Linux is a case sensitive enviroment. You will need to rename all files that require uppercase.

(12-22-2015, 05:35 AM)Martin7483 Wrote:
(12-22-2015, 04:56 AM)mr_pablo Wrote: Is this due to me using Google App Engine on Windows? And not a typical LAMP stack on Linux?

Yes, it is because of your Windows enviroment. I develop on a Windows machine using wamp and it is also case insensitive.

(12-22-2015, 04:56 AM)mr_pablo Wrote: What are the repercussions if I don't give file names an upper-case first file name?

Your application will break. Linux is a case sensitive enviroment. You will need to rename all files that require uppercase.

Guess it's better safe then sorry.

I'm not sure what OS the production GAE runs on mind you... I'll have to deploy the code and see if it works!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB