Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New to CI, have some questions

[eluser]pickledegg2[/eluser]
Quote:You can style an entire document without adding any classes into the html directly, very flexible.

The old 'graceful degradation debate'... I personally think it depends the nature of the app and the target audience, for a Web 2.0 Ajax-fest for example, you're buggered without JS anyway...

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Yes true point, I know my control panel I'm making will require JS, but that can be enforced but its a bit more difficult if the public will use it.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
[quote author="pickledegg2" date="1204052044"]
Quote:You can style an entire document without adding any classes into the html directly, very flexible.

The old 'graceful degradation debate'... I personally think it depends the nature of the app and the target audience, for a Web 2.0 Ajax-fest for example, you're buggered without JS anyway...[/quote]
pickledegg2 are replying on yourself Smile

It's true you can style your whole document without classes if you have a good document structure and some strategically placed ids but the underlying code adds a style attribute to each tag you style. If you mix this with css files you can get some weird results if you are not careful.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Use the CI_Parser.
Code:
<?php

//setup css classes
$styles = array(
    '1' => ' class="my_class"',
    '2' => ' class="my_another_class"',
    );

?>

<!-- in the view -->
<div{1}>some really important stuff what needs style</div>

[eluser]pickledegg2[/eluser]
Quote:pickledegg2 are replying on yourself smile

I was merely elaborating on a previous comment in order to avoid being misunderstood (?), OMG, I'm going to take my lunch break lol.

[eluser]orokusaki[/eluser]
oops, wrong thread.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB