Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
REST API webservices

(01-25-2016, 07:47 AM)LeMec Wrote: The user asked: I have two related pieces of code that need to be executed. I tried doing it by executing 2 responses within the same request.
That did not work as only the first response got executed.

No, the user asked "How to send multiple responses... at a time ?".

(01-25-2016, 07:47 AM)LeMec Wrote: Answering him and telling him: "That will not work" is not helpful. Especially when the user takes a second shot at it by asking the same question twice.

Given what the user actually asked (and not what you think they asked; see above), "It doesn't work that way" is helpful as it steers them away from wasting time with an unsolvable problem.
Once you know that a square peg desn't fit a round hole, you stop trying to force it and start thinking about other forms.

(01-25-2016, 07:47 AM)LeMec Wrote: Yes Narf! Pretending not to understand what the user means and what his dilemma is is indeed arrogant!!!

First of all - not necessarily.
Second - replace "is" with "would be".
Third - I did not fucking pretend.
And finally - I already did explain to you, personally, that I can't magically know what you mean if you're asking the wrong questions. Stop assuming that I do!

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2016, 08:52 AM by LeMec.)

(01-25-2016, 08:22 AM)Narf Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 07:47 AM)LeMec Wrote: The user asked: I have two related pieces of code that need to be executed. I tried doing it by executing 2 responses within the same request.

(01-25-2016, 07:47 AM)LeMec Wrote: Answering him and telling him: "That will not work" is not helpful. Especially when the user takes a second shot at it by asking the same question twice.

Given what the user actually asked (and not what you think they asked; see above), "It doesn't work that way" is helpful as it steers them away from wasting time with an unsolvable problem.
Once you know that a square peg desn't fit a round hole, you stop trying to force it and start thinking about other forms.

(01-25-2016, 07:47 AM)LeMec Wrote: Yes Narf! Pretending not to understand what the user means and what his dilemma is is indeed arrogant!!!

And finally - I already did explain to you, personally, that I can't magically know what you mean if you're asking the wrong questions. Stop assuming that I do!

Ah...We are getting somewhere now...

All that was needed was a little push in the right direction for you to openly talk about the pedagogy behind your answers. Heu...maybe like a school teacher?

So replace this forum with a classroom and you will fit right in...

Ideally, you will learn to try to combine both. Just make sure that if in some cases you can't, give priority to answering and helping instead of teaching and steering...

(01-25-2016, 08:46 AM)LeMec Wrote:

All that was need was a little push in the right direction for you to openly talk about the pedagogy behind your answers. Heu...maybe like a school teacher?

Ideally, you will learn to try to combine both. Just make sure that if in some cases you can't, give priority to answering and helping instead of teaching and steering...

Talk about being condescending ... I'm not here to teach, don't try to analyze me.

Also, I've had just enough of your personal attacks.
You don't like me? Fine, I don't like you either. STFU and move on.

(01-25-2016, 09:01 AM)Narf Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 08:46 AM)LeMec Wrote:

All that was need was a little push in the right direction for you to openly talk about the pedagogy behind your answers. Heu...maybe like a school teacher?

Talk about being condescending ... I'm not here to teach, don't try to analyze me.

Also, I've had just enough of your personal attacks.
You don't like me? Fine, I don't like you either. STFU and move on.

???  But I love you Narf!

It is just that like the rest of us, I get super excited when I see that you posted something and eagerly click my mouse to read what you wrote.

Sometimes though, it is anticlimactic...

Thanks To all .. and I am very Thankful To skunkbad bcz Based on he's post My problem is solved ..
And Now Lets Discuss .. at first time i am asking .. How to send the multiple response In single request .. Ok . Narf Is replied . It s not Possible then I am asking again .. Like If not possible then How to send multiple response(data) .... I don't know Y u Irritated Narf .. that's the my problem ... skunkbad is send answer related to my query .. That's good . I am felt happy with that answer .. Narf if is it not possible u tell me if any alternatives ways is there r not (if u know ) . or else leave it .. Ok

This forums main theme is .. If 0 knowledge persons coming learn new things and get knowledge based on such a type of great people like Narf ,LeMec ,arma7x ,skunkbad,kankuro ,ciadmin ,kenjis
Thanks To all ,
Have a nice day .......
Manikanta

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB