Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Does CodeIgniter convert all post variables to get variables?

I created two post variables and can only find them in the get array. This doesn't make any sense to me. Does CodeIgnitor do this on it's own?

I don't think CI would move POST vars to GET. Maybe snippet of code you are using would help troubleshoot it.

No, Codeigniter does no such thing.

You can verify within debug tools like Firebug if those variables where send as a POST request or as a GET request. It they truely are POST variables then some server issue is at hand. But perhaps you made a small mistake in your html form:

Code:
<form method="GET">
</form>

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2016, 12:58 PM by cupboy.)

(02-09-2016, 05:08 PM)siburny Wrote: I don't think CI would move POST vars to GET. Maybe snippet of code you are using would help troubleshoot it.

Here is some of the code:

javascript code in page:

string1 = '<input type="hidden" name="searchDateStart" value=' + dblquote + searchBegin + dblquote + ' />';
$('#frmMain').append(string1);
 document.forms[0].action = link;
 document.forms[0].submit();  

web address after the form is submitted:

//xxx.com/xxx/xxx/date?searchDateStart=2016-02-24&searchDateEnd=2016-02-29

note; had to remove the http to prevent the forum from changing the above to a link

and here is some code from the model:
     $allPost = $this->input->post();
     $allGet = $this->input->get();

$allPost was 0, $allGet was 2

Hi,

Can you post your html for the frmMain, I am guessing you are using method="get" if you are still getting values in the get array.

Paul.

(02-10-2016, 12:55 PM)PaulD Wrote: Hi,

Can you post your html for the frmMain, I am guessing you are using method="get" if you are still getting values in the get array.

Paul.

<form id = 'frmMain'></form>

By default HTML is to use GET method for 'posting' a form, you should set it manually to POST:

<form id='frmMain' method="POST"></form>

so this fixes it then:
<form id = 'frmMain' method='post'></form>

based on my limited testing... thanks for the clue Paul

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB