Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ignition Go - a new framework and app starter

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2016, 07:34 AM by visualsol. Edit Reason: fixed link )

Hi,
I just wanted to share a new initiative I've started that I hope will become an awesome easy way to build enterprise apps.
What is  Ignition Go?

It's a Modular App Building Framework - create and reuse "blox" to build enterprise class web applications.

I've outlined the plan at the Github site:
https://github.com/ci-blox/Ignition-Go

Status:  Right now you can use it as a foundation to build a nice app, but that's it.  The next step in development is the Admin.  After that, the big thing, the "Blox"support.  "Blox"will be modules that will range in size from a simple UI component to something as large as a mail center.  The concept is to have an easy mechanism to plug in "blox" so you can essentially build a whole app out of "blox".  They will be able to easily  hook in. And you can use either CLI or GUI, unlike certain other CLI heavy frameworks.

Let me know what you think (words of encouragement appreciated, as this is 'free time' work).  Also, I'm wondering what people think are the best free open source auth engines out there, as I'm torn on direction for that (right now I'm leaning toward a variation on the  library used by Bonfire, which btw is a super major influence in this project, the view class, model extension, and basic folder structure might seem very familiar...)

Anyhow, please have a look and I hope to see "Ignitians" running circles around artisans pretty soon.

Thanks to all, and enjoy!
Bob

If you want people to look at this I suggest that you add a link to GitHub using the forums advanced editor.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

with all respect - you are promising way too much. start with what you have now and go step by step. meanwhile if you really want to help codeigniter then contribute to the codeigniter forum, to stackoverflow, and become part of the community.

but whatever you do - please do NOT compare what you are doing with laravel or insult that community in any way.
its just not worth it. codeigniter continues to be very popular worldwide but it will never overtake laravel in the popularity contests.

(02-10-2016, 05:40 PM)cartalot Wrote: with all respect - you are promising way too much. start with what you have now and go step by step...

Point taken on the comparisons. I understand what I'm proposing is quite a lot but I do think it's important to have a master vision to be able to achieve success.  I think the thing that is missing is the road map (that's currently in my head).  But I don't think that it will be long until what I'm promising is in place. And I'm really excited about it because it there's nothing like it  The closest concept out there today to "blox" in a vague way are wordpress plugins.

I love initiative in the development community and will take a look at what you've done. But why would I use "Blox" over pulling in libraries via composer?
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(02-10-2016, 08:02 PM)albertleao Wrote: I love initiative in the development community and will take a look at what you've done. But why would I use "Blox" over pulling in libraries via composer?

The intention is to make "Blox" more seamless by adding metadata, built-in events, upgradeability and GUI configuration for the developer, much like in wordpress plugins.  I'll be publishing a roadmap and outline in the coming weeks.

Hi, just a quick update- I added a couple documents on Blox proposed function, including what "hooks". Also,the frontend is stable and the admin dashboard is next. Please take a look:

(03-09-2016, 11:47 PM)visualsol Wrote: Hi all, just an update- many of the core pieces for making a web application are now in place.  I also added a web installer to ease the startup process.
Please take a look:

Hi all,
Just another quick update... although blox progress is stalled due to my current workload, I did get CI updated to 3.0.6 and Ignition Go makes for a great app starter.  Next up is the builder (CRUD generator) in the admin.
Please take a look:

Also, a couple screens attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I am very new developer,trying to make a new app. While I have started something, but I love to try restart with this one. Hopefully you have enough document for me to follow.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB