Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Best way to get around using hyphens in controller class names for SEO

Hi,

The upgrade went very smoothly indeed! Took about an hour all in. (The only head scratcher was when one of the models stopped working but that was simply due to the fact I had forgotten to upgrade the session table. The old format had a different structure).

Once it was all working I changed the setting to 'TRUE' and Ta-Da, as if by magic I can now put hyphens in my urls :-)

@skunkbad
Yes, duplicate content would be a problem, as both forms of url work. However, I have a canonical link set for every page so that is not an issue in this case, although worth pointing out. Personally I am gald both work as I now have to work through all the links and database info converting it to use the hyphens where I can. During this process though, and even if I miss a few, the site will still function perfectly.

I am just checking that I have not used hyphens anywhere that should not be replaced, but the setting only changes the methods and function parts of the segments, which is perfect.

As I said previously, CI continues to impress me. I love CI so much :-)

Thanks again for the help on this,

Best wishes,

Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best way to get around using hyphens in controller class names for SEO - by PaulD - 02-25-2016, 04:08 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB