Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Introduction to CodeIgniter 4 Blog Posts

Been a while since I made a post, so here's the first in a 2-party series about using Entities (part of the Repository pattern) in CI 4, and how the Model already does the heavy lifting for you.

Using Entities In CodeIgniter 4

And here's the follow up on using Entities in CI4, which builds out a base class that allows a lot of flexibility and capability for your own objects.

Better Entities in CodeIgniter 4

Good explanation of entities & CI4 Smile
James Parry
Project Lead

It will be good if we have such examples / explanations in the primary documentation of the framework.
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2016, 08:16 PM by enlivenapp.)

Hey @kilishan,

When you have time and is appropriate, I'd love to see something on views/templates/incorporating template engines and stuff of that sort.

I'm not sure how to go about it, but some sort of introduction for those who haven't dipped a toe into namespaces, composer, etc (and how that will affect CI4) would be really nice, I suspect there will be a barrage of questions along those lines when v4 comes out and people start trying to create with it.

Also, appreciate the blog posts. They've been very helpful.
Thumbs Up 

Excellent!! Eagerly waiting to see codeigniter 4. All the best. [Image: thumbsup.gif]

Whew! Been a while, but development is still going strong. A new blog post out discussing changes to the View Parser, which is seeing massive upgrades in CI4.

Upgrading the Parser

Since I had earlier posts talking about Entities in CI4, I should mention that they've since become first-class citizens in the framework, though they are not required at all. They just make a certain style of development that was previously supported simpler and more powerful. Here's a link to the page in the user guide about it, since I'm not planning on re-writing that as a blog post:

Working With Entities

Thanks kilishan,

Nice read and examples.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

@kilishan

I'm glad to see articles about CI4 coming out. I'm looking forward to spreading good news about CI4 and letting everyone else know that CI is here to stay.

I'm a HUUUUUGGGGEE fan of CI. I continue to use it to do awesome things and I am gearing up to start contributing to the community in a more useful way. I want to help get the word out about CI and it's future.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB