Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[split] CodeIgniter Vision?

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2016, 08:50 AM by ciadmin.)

You make a good job for CI, undoubtedly, but I want to discuss some issues related to the future strategy.
I work for nearly three years on a project that uses CI 2.6. The application that I develop has evolved over time, and the main problem with I was faced was related to the organization of files.
Imagine that in the "controllers" exists hundreds of files, and in "models" and in "views", even thousands of files (meaning large-scale applications, not just a blog).
Imagine you should assign names to this files (unique and suggestive).
Imagine a "controller" or a "model" that contain hundreds of lines of code or even thousands.
Imagine how works an IDE that has opened (and loaded into memory) 10/15/20 file of this size.
Imagine you have to do make "debugging" or "update" on such files.
Imagine that you are not alone programmer working on this project, you are part of a development team, and often you faced with the situation where the file changed by you, it was amended before by something else, because the task that project manager assigned to you intersects with another task assigned to another programmer (and you have to update the  files from server and solve conflicts (using SVN, GIT, etc...)). And so on ...
In this case, the MVC architecture is not sufficient. Fortunately, I found the solution using the extension supplied by "wiredesignz" (Modular Extensions - HMVC). This extension helps me, saved me a lot of time and solved a lot of issues. I think that will be a major benefit for users, to add support for HMVC architecture, in CI.

This has already been suggested, and exhaustively debated ... http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-61284.html

It has been acknowledged ... http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-61284.html

It or support for it will find its way into the framework, somehow ... http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-62615.html

Your situation is relatively common. Namespacing solves most of this in CI4, with a couple of helper functions to be able to get to views and helpers in namespaced directories.

Yes is winning with 86.73%

Does this means CI4 will come with HMVC?

NO, it will not come with something explicitly labeled "HMVC".
It will, however, support many of the things that developers claim they need HMVC for.

ps - there is no single definition of HMVC that everyone can agree on, which is why we decided to be flexible, without claiming to "be" or to "come with" HMVC. Several blog posts have been written on this, and it has been extensively discussed.

(06-26-2016, 05:18 PM)Ivo Miranda Wrote: Yes is winning with 86.73%

Does this means CI4 will come with HMVC?

This has been answered for your other comment. Really no need to ask the same question multiple times. Just creates more work for those of us trying to make nice things for you.

Additionally, if you look around, you'll notice that CI4 has had a pre-alpha release a few days and you'll find links to the current docs in a couple of those posts, so you could always read up on the situation and come to your own conclusions.

(06-26-2016, 06:34 PM)ciadmin Wrote: Why can not implement this feature? It's too much work? We can help you ... PHP - has evolved from a simple scripting language to a very powerful programming language. A framework requirements are increasingly higher. I worked for many years with CI, but I also use other frameworks. What can I say about it: it is like a runner with great speed, but running barefoot! It does not have adequate equipment for major competitions.

(06-27-2016, 01:51 AM)dalcris Wrote:
(06-26-2016, 06:34 PM)ciadmin Wrote: Why can not implement this feature? It's too much work? We can help you ... PHP - has evolved from a simple scripting language to a very powerful programming language. A framework requirements are increasingly higher. I worked for many years with CI, but I also use other frameworks. What can I say about it: it is like a runner with great speed, but running barefoot! It does not have adequate equipment for major competitions.

There is no single definition of HMVC that everyone can agree on

No matter how it were implemented, part of the community would feel put out that we didn't interpret it "their way".

As Killishan pointed out, the namespaces and CI4 autoloader should address most of the "HMVC" usecases, without calling this an "HMVC" feature or component.

Thanks for your answer @kilishan and sorry for the "spam" :/

Maybe this thread should be closed and a post to go to the other link where the debate is the same:
http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-6128...33859.html

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB