Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Project Update - Dec 31st, 2014

Very good news. Thank you for all your work on CodeIgniter. To be honnest I've started using other frameworks as well like Silex, Laravel and PhalconPHP. But will defiantly be using CodeIgniter again for some projects. Looking forward for new release(s).
Angel

(01-04-2015, 12:31 PM)ciadmin Wrote:
(01-04-2015, 09:40 AM)Jamie Wrote: Great work so far and the plans look good. Whilst I appreciate you are all busy, may I suggest that the forum adopts a mobile friendly theme too? Most of my time I spend on forums is when I'm out and about, hopping between buses and trains, spending time on my phone. It doesn't have to be immediate but it'll just be the icing on the cake. Wink

Great idea, but the theming comes from MyBB, and messing with its CSS is not for the weak at heart!

Having previously themed for MyBB I would agree. Like I said doesn't have to be immediate, just a suggestion, one that can sit on the back-burner for a while.

Once things have quietened down my end I don't mind lending a hand with this should you need, providing there's demand for it Smile
Jamie Bond
Full time International Development undergraduate.
Part time website developer.

Very good news, thank you.
Glad to see my favourite php framework alive again !

Quote:The user guide navigation is being enhanced, by popular request; we are trying to replicate the navigation style of the much praised CodeIgniter 2 user guide.

Wonderful, CodeIgniter 2 user guide is so easy to use (especially with its top table of contents).

Thanks for all your and all those involved effort and time!  Great to see movement on CI.

I'm new to CI and hear many forums saying that the CI was already exceeded, and spoke to learn another framework and forget the CI.
But I have high hopes regarding CI and wanted to know what else can I expect from the new CI?

I Love it .
What time will you release Codeigniter v3.0 stable?
I cannot to wait for you to release it.
Heart Heart Heart

It's great to see that the CodeIgniter Project is still alive Big Grin
Software Designer

New hands, talk of changes, talk of a new version coming out? Can't hardly wait. However I am curious, what is the upgrade from 2.x to 3.x going to look like? Is it going to be similar to past upgrades? Or are we talking about a whole bunch of new in a matter of speaking? I have a few projects in mind I want to start development on, but don't want to build knowing Im going to have to back peddle a lot to upgrade.

(01-11-2015, 01:36 AM)chacia Wrote: New hands, talk of changes, talk of a new version coming out? Can't hardly wait. However I am curious, what is the upgrade from 2.x to 3.x going to look like?  Is it going to be similar to past upgrades? Or are we talking about a whole bunch of new in a matter of speaking? I have a few projects in mind I want to start development on, but don't want to build knowing Im going to have to back peddle a lot to upgrade.

This is not Laravel. Upgrading should be easy. Big Grin

Happy New Year, everyone. It feels good to see that CodeIgniter is picking up speed again.
Jason Tan Boon Teck
I do not wish to realise when I die, that I had not lived.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB