Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why use Spark with CI?

Hello there, I'm new with CI 3, I've read some tutorials they recommend to use spark, and I don't important it is.
My question: 1/ Why Spark is useful in CI?  2/ When do we use Spark?  3/ Which website should use Spark (ex. Ecommerce, Web App, general websites). Thanks for your time.

Spark is long dead. Check the date of the tutorials that mention it.
If you want to handle dependencies, look at Composer instead.

(04-29-2016, 09:43 PM)ciadmin Wrote: Spark is long dead. Check the date of the tutorials that mention it.

Thank you. Can you tell me? What are situations I should need Composer? For example, Ecommerce, App, or for all websites? Huh

(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016, 06:40 AM by PaulD.)

https://getcomposer.org/doc/00-intro.md

If you do not know what it is for, I doubt you will need it.

Paul

(04-30-2016, 11:29 PM)Phally Seng Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 09:43 PM)ciadmin Wrote: Spark is long dead. Check the date of the tutorials that mention it.

Thank you. Can you tell me? What are situations I should need Composer? For example, Ecommerce, App, or for all websites? Huh

Think of composer as a spark for all of php. You have access to a massive amount of libraries that aren't directly created for codeigniter, but for multiple platforms on php. You can uses libraries from other frameworks like Symphony, Cake, or Laravel in codeigniter or stand alone libraries like the Facebook SDK.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB