Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Simple form to save data to db

(05-09-2016, 06:04 AM)meOmy Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 05:31 PM)meOmy Wrote:
(05-06-2016, 05:29 PM)Code4fun Wrote:
Quote:I downloaded/installed it and only the homepage works. All other links are broken for me.

Edit $config['base_url'] = ''; and remove index.php from $config['index_page'] = 'index.php'; in your config file.

..was already removed.

Code4fun:

Hi,

I've done as you suggested with the config file in terms of base URL and index.php, but still no luck.

I'm beginning to believe the issue is perhaps tied to the base URL.

When I go to your project's homepage, your site is there, but when I place my mouse over the NEWS, CONTACT, etc links, the base URL is displayed differently/incorrectly.

I currently have: http://localhost/CI/ in my config and your homepage comes up fine

When I mouse over links stated above, I get: 

localhost/news
localhost/contact

... instead of:

localhost/CI/news
localhost/CI/contact

... which, by the way, work when I manually type them in

I'm using UniServer 11.8.2, but don't feel like that's the issue; although it might be. I just don't know.

I tried moving your files to localhost/CI/Test to see if that might work, but I get the exact same issue as stated above.

Do you have any special .htaccess or index.php configurations that I might not have? 

Hoping someone can help, so I can get started learning more about CI.

thank you!

EDIT:  Also, when I add "CI" to the following menu in your theme:

{menudata}
<a class="blog-nav-item {active}" href="CI{link}">{name}</a>
{/menudata}

... I get localhost/CI/CI/news

Make sure that you have a working Apache webserver with the rewrite module enabled and your document root set properly. Read about uri routing and for htaccess you can find an example in the handbook.

To set a new menu item... you need to edit the demo_settings config file for this.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB