Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ecommerce features

The problem is interfacing it to all of the different payment providers out there.

You are better off interfacing a already build shopping cart that handles the payment providers.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2016, 05:13 PM by skunkbad.)

I've built a couple e-commerce solutions for CI, and my favorite uses WordPress for product entry. Products are then displayed using CI, and the cart/checkout using CI. WordPress is great at administration of "blog posts", and CI is great for just about everything else.

There is no simple e-commerce solution that everyone will enjoy. That's why the cart class is deprecated, and why if you're going to have an e-commerce website, you're going to either build it from the ground up, or use one of the pre-built e-commerce applications.

@skunkbad

I doubt that mixing CI and WordPress is possible due to license incompatibility.

(05-15-2016, 06:56 PM)ivantcholakov Wrote: @skunkbad

I doubt that mixing CI and WordPress is possible due to license incompatibility.

Define "mixing", and who said that I did? Technically these two applications just sit side by side and share the same data in a couple of tables.

If both applications don't share code that is executed by a same HTTP-request (plus its child AJAX requests), with GNU/GPL v2 it is possible I guess, ok. But if both applications share even only one configuration file - they become one system.

For GNU/GPL v3 (not the WordPress case) such a judgment gets complicated for me.

(05-15-2016, 09:21 PM)ivantcholakov Wrote: If both applications don't share code that is executed by a same HTTP-request (plus its child AJAX requests), with GNU/GPL v2 it is possible I guess, ok. But if both applications share even only one configuration file - they become one system.

For GNU/GPL v3 (not the WordPress case) such a judgment gets complicated for me.

I don't have any config file sharing between the applications.

Let's not turn this thread into a long winded discussion of licenses and their interpretations. What I am doing can most assuredly be done in such a way that it would satisfy any FOSS type license, especially if one is not copying, distributing, or modifying the WordPress software. I suppose an attorney could pick apart any license line by line and try to twist its words to manufacture a violation of its terms. If it happens I'll let you know so you can tell me "I told you so". Smile

Using a hosted service for the checkout flow like foxycart is another way to do it
http://www.foxycart.com/features
saying you have a cart library so someone can do e-commerce - its like saying build the blogging tool in the tutorial and you will have a CMS. Dodgy

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB