Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ecommerce features

I would suggest that this next generation of CI would improve it's Ecommerce and Shopping Cart Library and help.

Thanks in advance.
" If I looks more intelligence please increase my reputation."

(05-13-2016, 01:58 PM)davy_yg Wrote: I would suggest that this next generation of CI would improve it's Ecommerce and Shopping Cart Library and help.

Thanks in advance.

The shopping cart library has been deprecated.
Kristian Matthews-Kennington
Apple Certified Associate Mac Integration & Management 10.10

Davy_yg,

You have received so much help on here, for very basic PHP things, that were usually already covered in the documentation, and you have been told by a few people to read the documentation repeatedly, yet you persist to post very basic PHP questions. Your very first post was 'Teach me how to program'.

If you read the documentation for the shopping cart class you would have read, at the very top, in a big red box, the following:

Code:
The Cart library is DEPRECATED and should not be used. It is currently only kept for backwards compatibility.

You really need to read the documentation.

Wow, take it easy. This is just a suggestion, an opinion.

(05-13-2016, 02:59 PM)ivantcholakov Wrote: Wow, take it easy. This is just a suggestion, an opinion.

Understanding of those that just don't know better is why the OP is not the very first person our ban list, yet. But come on ... even parents can't resist expressing frustration towards their own children at times.

They say ignorance is bliss, and rightly so, but that doesn't make it a good quality. You have to take it easy on both sides.

for anyone in the future looking this up because of e-commerce - i use codeigniter for ecommerce projects and i am not in favor of a cart library included in the application. including a half way there solution is of no help to anyone - it ends up being a waste of time for the developer and a huge waste of money for the merchant.

@cartalot: Why is it? Is it because it is difficult to use the cart library?

Also, I thought I could suggest anything for the future CI lol. Perhaps because it is a note from the developer correct to depreciated the ecommerce feature since they do not want to spend time developing it. lol.
" If I looks more intelligence please increase my reputation."

(05-13-2016, 05:01 PM)davy_yg Wrote: @cartalot:  Why is it?  Is it because it is difficult to use the cart library?

Also, I thought I could suggest anything for the future CI lol.  Perhaps because it is a note from the developer correct to depreciated the ecommerce feature since they do not want to spend time developing it.  lol.

Its not because its difficult to use. Its because to have a practical solution for e-commerce requires more then a cart. If you just have a cart library then you will do things like pass the price to the cart from the product page which means that anyone with a little knowledge can make their own price for a product and the merchant loses. Not checking the inventory for a product means that the merchant gets orders for products they don't have and they lose sales and customers. Unless you are selling virtual goods that are infinite in supply and the price never changes - Pricing and Inventory control have to come from a separate database table or the merchant who is using the application will lose money.

The reason that a shopping cart and e-commerce libraries will NOT be built into CodeIgniter is that there is no one simple solution for everyone's needs. Instead, CodeIgniter 4 will make it easire to integrate the shopping cart and other tools you desire.

This is also why there is no authentication module built-in, or a templating library, and so on.

There may be a few other CI3 libraries that may not make it into the core of CI4, for the same reason.

(05-13-2016, 02:23 PM)PaulD Wrote: Davy_yg,

You have received so much help on here, for very basic PHP things, that were usually already covered in the documentation, and you have been told by a few people to read the documentation repeatedly, yet you persist to post very basic PHP questions. Your very first post was 'Teach me how to program'.

If you read the documentation for the shopping cart class you would have read, at the very top, in a big red box, the following:

Code:
The Cart library is DEPRECATED and should not be used. It is currently only kept for backwards compatibility.

You really need to read the documentation.

Haha, well said, even though I think his first post was changed to 'Teach my how to program' by an admin.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB