Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter4.0.0-dev Reaches Milestone 1

I'm excited for the stable release of CI 4 to use it in production. I know CI 4 will kick other frameworks a** . long live to CodeIgniter specially to the contributors.
God Bless CI Contributors Smile

(06-25-2016, 11:17 AM)parthpabari Wrote: index.php missing in root directory on github??

its not missing.. its in public folder..  they move app/system directories behind public directory.. Big Grin
God Bless CI Contributors Smile

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2016, 12:06 PM by kilishan.)

(06-25-2016, 03:30 AM)wolfgang1983 Wrote: Just had a look the autoload and routes files very different. Other ones were very simple and easier to me. Looks very confusing think will stick with CI3

Hey Wolfgang - don't give up on us just yet. Smile You can ignore the Autoload stuff for now - it's not what you're thinking it is. Instead of a place to list what libraries, models, etc need to be autoloaded on each request, it's our PSR-4-compatible autoloader which, if you stick with traditional CI development methods, you'll never need to touch.

As for routes - this blog post can help explain them to you pretty quickly. You can keep them very simple and familiar to start with, and then get as complex with it as you want from there.

(06-25-2016, 11:16 AM)parthpabari Wrote: root folder missing index.php on github???

No, index.php is inside "public" ... more secure.
You need to point your webserver to that folder instead of the root of your project.

I have updated the readme in the repository, and added an index.html page to the project root, explaining the slightly different project structure.

I strongly encourage you to build the user guide, and to read it.

@wolfgang1983 See concepts/autoloader in the user guide
@wolfgang1983 bitnami.com has PHP7 WAMP stacks you can deploy.
@wolfgang1983, @parthpabari See concepts/structure for a detaled explanation of the new folder structure

Codeigniter 4! PHP 7 only! Very exciting news. Thanks so much to everyone making this happen.

good job guys .. keep going,thanks

Thanks a lot to the team!!!

Angel
This is good news! Thank you to all learner.

Good News!

Waiting for more releases...

Thanks!!!!
PHP is Life!!! See My Portfolio

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB