Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter4.0.0-dev Reaches Milestone 1

"CodeIgniter 3 will be supported for years from now I think."

I believe I read somewhere (I don't recall where or who even said it?) that they will support it for security/bug fixes but naturally it won't get any new features.

Perhaps jlp can clarify this?

DMyers

When will CI4 available?

See two replies above ... "CodeIgniter 4 will be released in 2017 if everything goes well. It is in the pre-alpha stage. If you want to play with it and see the future of our favorite PHP framework, you can. But do not use it in the production now please, because it is not ready yet."

(10-01-2016, 08:15 AM)dmyers Wrote: "CodeIgniter 3 will be supported for years from now I think."

I believe I read somewhere (I don't recall where or who even said it?) that they will support it for security/bug fixes but naturally it won't get any new features.

Perhaps jlp can clarify this?

DMyers

CodeIgniter3 will be supported for some time, for sure. We don't have any specific EOL date in mind, but I suspect at least a couple of years after CodeIgniter 4 is launched. CodeIgniter 3 continues to benefit from enhancements and community interest, which speaks well to its longevity.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2018, 09:15 AM by ciadmin.)

Do I can download CodeIgniter4.0.0???

(03-08-2017, 12:31 AM)ross03 Wrote: Do I can download CodeIgniter4.0.0???

https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter4 and click the download link Smile

(10-08-2016, 01:48 AM)ciadmin Wrote: CodeIgniter3 will be supported for some time, for sure. We don't have any specific EOL date in mind, but I suspect at least a couple of years after CodeIgniter 4 is launched. CodeIgniter 3 continues to benefit from enhancements and community interest, which speaks well to its longevity.

I am not sure I have said this before but I was delighted when I first read previously something about this. I appreciate it means the same group of people almost doubling their workload but it is the best news for the framework. CI3 is everything great about CI2 and so much more. Unlike CI2, I have never encountered a problem that was not my own fault. For the size and complexity of what CI3 does that is a massive compliment to those that worked so hard to produce CI3. Thank you. Although I know CI3 will eventually have to be killed off, I for one will probably continue to use it for some time whilst I come up to speed with CI4. I may not build the most revolutionary sites in the world, but for me, it does everything I need and a whole lot more that even now I still discover and am pleasantly surprised about.

I still recall when discovering Ellis Lab were looking for a new owner of CI how my heart sank as I thought that was truly the end as CI disappeared off in a direction I hated. How wrong I was. CI3 is at least 100 times better now and am really excited about the future CI4 release, but so glad CI3 will continue to live for some time after.

Best wishes,

Paul

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 11:16 AM by ciadmin.)

(03-08-2017, 12:31 AM)ross03 Wrote: Do I can download CodeIgniter4.0.0???
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hj Ross03
link download : https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter4/...evelop.zip

[SEO spam redacted]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB