Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Internationalization & Localization ?

I was just reading about Gettext on php.net and the linked docs they have from there. (Primarily following this post http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-6623...#pid336954). I thought it looked really good, although the PHP docs are a bit lacking at the moment. Someone posted a link here from that CI post so I thought I would add my 2 pennies.

Although I rarely do multilingual sites, when I have done in the past it was a real pain. I think this is a great step forward, I really liked what I read. As for beginners finding it difficult, I know what you mean, but if it was integrated and part of a default example, I think even beginners would get the hang of it really quickly. I am not a beginner per se, but this is new to me, and I am self taught so there are probably big blanks in my knowledge, and although I have not used it yet, I thought it looked fairly straight forward. So although I have no great preference, and no real experience, just thought I would say that I think it would be a good thing to use this too.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internationalization & Localization ? - by PaulD - 09-26-2016, 05:58 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB