Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3.1: Backport function esc() from CodeIgniter 4

I think that the common function esc() that is introduced in CI4 is useful for CodeIgniter 3 too.

https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter4/...on.php#L94

For CI3.1 the required PHP version is going to be increased which makes \Zend\Escaper\Escaper class integration possible.

I don't think that there is a point..

CI 3 can load Composer libs and if you add there the Zend Escaper lib, you can create helper to define this method esc.

How ever until ver 4 CI has not used any 3rd party libs directly, so its not logical to have such change in just 1 subversion of the 3.x versions..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

There is always the point of making CI3 and CI4 as close as it is possible.

(06-28-2016, 05:31 AM)ivantcholakov Wrote: There is always the point of making CI3 and CI4 as close as it is possible.

CI 4 is completely new framework.
Based on CI 3 its completely rewritten with many differences .. 

Adding some new feature from CI 4 to CI 3, just because its a good idea doesn't have any point. 

And changing CI 1/2/3 ideology for not using 3rd party libs directly into the framework is not logical for its last version 3.1 (perhaps last..) ..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(2) There is always the point of making CI3 and CI4 as close as it is possible.

(06-28-2016, 06:20 AM)ivantcholakov Wrote: (2) There is always the point of making CI3 and CI4 as close as it is possible.

That's over-generalizing and assumes that a direct transition will be possible - it's not, they're two different frameworks.
If anything, CI4 has a lot of CI3 stuff that it shouldn't.

I'm not backporting anything, period.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB