Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ClassFormerlyKnownAsTemplateParser

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2016, 01:10 AM by jlp.)

(07-20-2016, 12:52 AM)orionstar Wrote: @jlp Exactly how we should interpret this?
The ideas what was mentioned by Lonnie in this issue: https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter4/issues/139 will be discarded?

Lots of us who are using CI and CI related things in the last ten years or so have good experience and knowledge with Dwoo 1 CI and Lex parser (the foundation of these things are the same) because of the integration to the old PyroCMS (which was the de-facto CodeIgniter CMS since 2010) and to Phil's Template library and of course the simplicity of the "template language". I think this was the main reason why Lonnie picked Lex to get inspirations and this was a very good decision.
If you scrap and forget this legacy that is not a very message... If I remember correctly before CI was trasferred to BCIT you were not part of the community so you maybe not know about this at all...

You have misunderstood ... if you check the issue, you will see that I have assigned myself to it, and will get the ball rolling.
Dwoo may have started from similar roots, but Dwoo 2.x now seems to be in the template engine grouping. I can see the relevance of Dwoo 1.x, but didn't look at it at first, since they are onto 2.x.
Lex does look super useful Smile

ps - I edited my comment in the issue, to clarify my intent.
James Parry
Project Lead

Messages In This Thread
ClassFormerlyKnownAsTemplateParser - by jlp - 07-20-2016, 12:09 AM
RE: ClassFormerlyKnownAsTemplateParser - by jlp - 07-20-2016, 01:01 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB