Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Host giving me hassle about nameservers for sub domains

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else thinks this is a bit strange?

I have a great host that provides great support. But today I had to set alternative name servers for a sub-domain and discovered I could not do it myself directly so contacted them to request it. They are surprisingly acting like it is a strange thing to request and although they are doing it for me, they are saying it might be unreliable as it is not a protected function, and might get overwritten at any time should they update their dns tables.

Quote:We have to advise you of this, what we are doing is a kind of 'illegal' change in the system manually in our database that stores DNS information

I am not sure what to make of that. Isn't the setting of different nameservers for subdomains a failrly common thing? Or have I asked them for something unusual or strange.

Your opinions or comments on this would be very warmly welcomed,

Thank you in advance,

Paul.

I have web hosting buzz and they allow it on my account, I can have all the different name servers and sub-domains that I want.

So yes this very strange.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

I thought this was an ordinary thing to request, and was surprised that I could only add name servers for the entire domain, not for sub-domains.

-1 for my host.

I really can't be doing with changing hosts at the moment, so I suppose I will have to live with it for now.

Thanks for the reply though InsiteFX. Much appreciated.

Paul.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB