Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[split] Real time? [CodeIgniter 4 Important Features]

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2016, 02:48 AM by ciadmin.)

Is CI 4 comes with real time??

You need to clarify your meaning of real time.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

PHP is not suited for real time communication. Use socket.io with their PHP emitter, a Redis server, and a small Node server. Most of your cross talk should happen in JS but if you need to send events from PHP that's the best setup I've found.

i means like socket.io and node js working as real time notifications and chat, but some shared hosting not accept nodejs,

I'm creating the chat using nodejs but, i have shared hosting server that not supported nodejs.
so my question is, Is CI workes like realtime chat or notifications.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2016, 10:44 PM by arma7x.)

(09-06-2016, 09:43 PM)demonicinn Wrote: i means like socket.io and node js working as real time notifications and chat, but some shared hosting not accept nodejs,

I'm creating the chat using nodejs but, i have shared hosting server that not supported nodejs.
so my question is, Is CI workes like realtime chat or notifications.

You can use heroku free plan.
Keep calm.

Github Workerman

Quote:What is it

Workerman is a library for event-driven programming in PHP. It has a huge number of features. Each worker is able to handle thousands of connections.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 02:32 PM by spjonez.)

You can try using PHP but it will suck compared to sockets. Every language has it's strengths and weaknesses and PHP is simply not good at this.

(09-14-2016, 02:31 PM)spjonez Wrote: You can try using PHP but it will suck compared to sockets.

You know sockets are not a different language ... PHP too "has" sockets. Let me fix that next sentence you wrote:

Quote:Every language has it's strengths and weaknesses and PHP is simply not good at this by default.

It's not that PHP can't do it, it's just that there are other tools that make it way easier.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2016, 06:02 AM by spjonez.)

(09-14-2016, 02:58 PM)Narf Wrote: You know sockets are not a different language ... PHP too "has" sockets. Let me fix that next sentence you wrote:

Always a pleasure Narf Smile I meant socketio as I wrote above.

(09-14-2016, 02:58 PM)Narf Wrote: It's not that PHP can't do it, it's just that there are other tools that make it way easier.

Exactly. Anything you rig up with pure PHP is going to pale in comparison to the same setup with socketio. It's honestly not worth the effort use the right technology for the task.

(09-15-2016, 06:01 AM)spjonez Wrote:
(09-14-2016, 02:58 PM)Narf Wrote: It's not that PHP can't do it, it's just that there are other tools that make it way easier.

Exactly. Anything you rig up with pure PHP is going to pale in comparison to the same setup with socketio. It's honestly not worth the effort use the right technology for the task.

No, that is exactly the opposite of what I'm saying.

You're equating effort to result, and also comparing a comparatively low-level (it being a language; PHP) server-side technology to a framework that has both server-side and client-side components.

Neither makes sense.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB