Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
(Oracle) Get the value of Declare variable from DB Query

Hi guys! Just wanna ask if it is possible to get the value of declare variable from query. Let's say:

Code:
DECLARE RID RowId;
BEGIN
 INSERT INTO SOMETABLE (SOMEFIELD) VALUES ('SOMEVALUE')
 RETURNING RowId INTO RID;
END;

As you can see, I just wanted to get the RowId of the new record. Im just doing it using query binding but it returns me an empty array.

PHP Code:
$query ='
DECLARE RID RowId;
BEGIN
  INSERT INTO SOMETABLE (SOMEFIELD) VALUES (?)
  RETURNING RowId INTO RID;
END;'
;

$new_row_id $this->db->query($query'SOMEDATA')->row('RID'); 
Am I doing it correct or Am I just missed some part of the query? I'm just new in this approach. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks!
[Just a programmer] Cool [/Just a programmer]

That's 2 queries.

(09-14-2016, 02:28 AM)Narf Wrote: That's 2 queries.

What do you mean 2 queries? Huh

I mean that you're trying to execute 2 queries as if they are one ... I don't think there's any other way you could interpret what I wrote.

The DECLARE statement is one query, and then the BEGIN statement starts the second one.

(09-14-2016, 03:00 PM)Narf Wrote: I mean that you're trying to execute 2 queries as if they are one ... I don't think there's any other way you could interpret what I wrote.

The DECLARE statement is one query, and then the BEGIN statement starts the second one.

Thanks for the hint @Narf. Is this not possible to achieve? I mean the two queries in query binding and return some data that have declared within the queries? As what I've said, I am new with this approach so I don't get what you have said at first. Im actually against with Stored Procedure but I think I don't have any choice.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB