Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Advice for a freelancer returning to the workforce

PaulD; The personality clashes will happen, expect it. I found that if I treated my fellow coders as I would a client, the clash can be viewed as a request for help or for a mod in my design. I either could support the change or offer good reason(s) for doing it my way.

If the "boss" disagreed, I could still state my points against the change, but make the change anyway. The boss is always right, even when the project suffers (in my opinion).

I do note that "the boss" will often fall back on the "standards" argument: "This is how it is done and you will stick to this standard." Job security suggested that you agree, bury your own opinion and do it the boss's way. This is how ulcers develop...

There are some people you will never convince. It can be difficult to recognize these people on first encounter, but time will reveal their basic personality style and you get to learn how to work around it. It's a drawback to being "just" an employee, rather than the owner.
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice for a freelancer returning to the workforce - by twpmarketing - 10-11-2016, 09:58 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB