Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Integrating MVC framework to CMS (CodeIgniter)

Hello there,

Call me Angel. Recently, am having trouble with the project a client gave me. It's an existing website which primarily built from Codeigniter MVC framework. However, the client wants to add CMS features to it. I'm new to codeigniter. So I did some research if its possible to integrate an MVC website to CMS. Fortunately, CodeIgniter also caters CMS functionality. I read the documentation and watch some tutorials, but given by the fact that am just a newbie in this field, it get me puzzled.

I've downloaded CodeFighter, which seems to be a codeigniter CMS software. However, by the time the download was completed, I was stuck and didn't know what to do next. What I did is install the CodeIgniter to the XAMPP -> htdocs; copied the `application` directory from the existing website then replaced the `appplication` folder inside the newly installed codeigniter inside the XAMPP.

Afterwards, I followed the codes given in this tutorial. But things doesn't work well. When I run it on a browser, the result only fires an error. Perhaps, it is because that the tutorial am reading is for fresh CMS site only. And just not for an existing MVC framework trying to add CMS functionality in it. Does anyone of you had the same experience already?
How did you manage to survive make the whole thing work?

Any suggestions are truly appreciated. Angel

An angel descended from above. Angel

Messages In This Thread
Integrating MVC framework to CMS (CodeIgniter) - by angelDes - 11-13-2016, 03:39 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB