Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
When to wait for CI4 - officially

I was not trying to be "flip" - I was pointing out the absurdity of coming up with promised dates for a release Undecided

We *do* have a roadmap for what needs to go into CI4 for the next pre-alpha ... http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-65543.html. Excerpting from it, and adding my own opinion in brackets after each ...

We are now embarking on phase two:

- helpers (50%? see #213, #206, lots more not spec'd)  
- Language/Localization (not started, see #141)
- Caching (done?)
- Email (in progress, see #276)
- Encryption (unclear)
- Form Validation (in progress)
- Image Library (in progress see #114)
- Pagination (unclear)
- Uploader (unclear)
- Sessions (memcached & redis adapters) (in progress)
- Database adapters for other RDBs (in progress, only MySQL done, Postgres stalled)

Some of these have been completed, some are well under way, and yet others are still "issues" in the CI4 repo.
Some of the above have yet to be added to the pre-alpha 2 issues, but we are working on that.
We need all of these, and perhaps more, substantially done or at least spec'd, to complete "pre-alpha2".

There are likely to be additional community contributions or feature requests that could skew the above, but it is "the roadmap" as it sits.

Once the pre-alpha is "released", we need to freeze the feature set for the first alpha and then beta of the emerging framework, and that, to me, is the time at which it starts to become reasonable to talk about a timeframe for a beta target date.
James Parry
Project Lead

Messages In This Thread
RE: When to wait for CI4 - officially - by Narf - 11-23-2016, 09:58 AM
RE: When to wait for CI4 - officially - by jlp - 11-23-2016, 10:23 AM
RE: When to wait for CI4 - officially - by Narf - 11-23-2016, 05:01 PM
RE: When to wait for CI4 - officially - by jlp - 11-23-2016, 09:12 PM
RE: When to wait for CI4 - officially - by Narf - 11-25-2016, 08:56 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB