Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
sitemap + pages which requires login

Hi to all developers...
I create a sitemap.xml file for my website and put all pages links in it. In my website, there are pages that requires user login and then could access to those.
My question is: for this pages, what should I do? Should I write them in sitemap file? Or this is a bad practice?

Thanks to all..

(12-07-2016, 04:17 AM)pb.sajjad Wrote: Hi to all developers...
I create a sitemap.xml file for my website and put all pages links in it. In my website, there are pages that requires user login and then could access to those.
My question is: for this pages, what should I do? Should I write them in sitemap file? Or this is a bad practice?

Thanks to all..

Hi,

The protocol was set up to help search engines crawl your website more intelligently. It was first introduced by Google in 2005, with MSN and Yahoo offering their support to the protocol a year later. Sitemaps are known as URL inclusion protocols as they advise search engines what to crawl. On the other hand, the robots.txt file is known as an exclusion protocol as it advises search engines what not to crawl.

Only put the public links of pages that anyone can enter into the website and the link of the login page .

If you are saying that users have to be logged in to see those pages - then do not include them on the sitemap.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB