Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Cart Library & Smiley Helper Spun Off

(12-20-2016, 05:46 AM)Php Wrote: hi,
means CI is not for eCommerce anymore?
Sad.

How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

eCommerce takes a lot more than a cart library to begin with. And the CI cart library is still there if you want it. It's just not part of the core any more and it's not maintained. Or you can use any other cart library that you prefer.

Sad.

It means that you will need some knowledge and research to find the best cart solution for your project..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(12-20-2016, 07:28 AM)sv3tli0 Wrote:
Sad.

It means that you will need some knowledge and research to find the best cart solution for your project..

I would think if you were creating a eCommerce solution you would need a lot more PHP experience then simply using the previously built in shopping cart class. You need to take in account taxes, shipping, handling, product customization, product options, product shipping restrictions etc...

DMyers

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2016, 03:21 PM by cartalot.)

(12-20-2016, 09:12 AM)dmyers Wrote: I would think if you were creating a eCommerce solution you would need a lot more PHP experience then simply using the previously built in shopping cart class. You need to take in account taxes, shipping, handling, product customization, product options, product shipping restrictions etc...

This is very very true. Codeigniter is not a CMS and its not an e-commerce solution.
Its one of the best frameworks that allows you to build great high-performing stable e-commmerce solutions.

I can download cart Library when ci 3.2 release?
Where ?

Thanks

(12-24-2016, 11:22 PM)mfinity168 Wrote: I can download cart Library when ci 3.2 release?
Where ?

Thanks

The link is in the original post ... https://github.com/bcit-ci/ci3-cart-library

(12-20-2016, 09:12 AM)dmyers Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 07:28 AM)sv3tli0 Wrote:
Sad.

I would think if you were creating a eCommerce solution you would need a lot more PHP experience then simply using the previously built in shopping cart class. You need to take in account taxes, shipping, handling, product customization, product options, product shipping restrictions etc...

DMyers

Hi, I have developed several websites with CI3 and for one of them I have to include next year a shop section with PayPal, can you advise me some articles with concepts (POO Class Cart for example) or others library php for CI ?

Thanks a lot

(12-25-2016, 01:55 AM)ciadmin Wrote:
(12-24-2016, 11:22 PM)mfinity168 Wrote: I can download cart Library when ci 3.2 release?
Where ?

Thanks

The link is in the original post ... https://github.com/bcit-ci/ci3-cart-library

Thanks  Big Grin

Sad.

Hi,
That's not what it means at all. Codeigniter is simply a framework. There are much more advanced/better eCommerce libraries out there that you can easily integrate into codeigniter. Codeigniter is for anything you want it to be.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(12-28-2016, 02:25 PM)albertleao Wrote:
Sad.

Hi,
That's not what it means at all. Codeigniter is simply a framework. There are much more advanced/better eCommerce libraries out there that you can easily integrate into codeigniter. Codeigniter is for anything you want it to be.

Do you have a library in particular to propose ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB