Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Versioning

Let's suppose that i have access to the server, how can i achieve that i want?

I do not understand. Can you be more clear?

Thank you for your time!

I created a website about 5 years ago, and have worked on it almost every day since then. There has been thousands of commits, and we've had so many versions of this and that, it would be impossible to do what you propose. That said, if I was going to do what you propose, I would simply make a few subdomains, and point them all to the same CI installation. CI would look for a specific set of domain/subdomain possibilities, and set the base_url to one of those. I'd probably also created some more ENVIRONMENTs, then be able to check that when in controllers, models, etc.

This is how I would do it.

I would version my application in github. I would deploy my different versions to my server and have different versions run under different subdomains. That way I'd be able to prevent duplicate code, I'd be able to manage updates a lot easier, and it would be very easy to change a single version of the application.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Thank you guys for your messages and your time, i appreciate it.

But i think you have not understand my problem.

My project has clients and each client can be in different version.
For example X clients are in 1.1 version and Z clients are in 1.2 version and some others are in 1.3
The first page of my project is a login form. When a client log in to my system, i know his version (database field) and i would redirect him to the correct version of my project.

If there is not a solution, i should think something else. I do not like different subdomains and etc. It is more simple that i want. You can see my first post, to see my project's structure.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB