Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Community_auth incorrect URL

Hi,
I've just installed community Auth. Testing the examples, it mostly works. Created new user just fine, however when attempting to login it is providing a 404 on localhost/examples/ajax_attempt_login

I think it should be looking for localhost/websiteFolder/index.php/examples/ajax_attempt_login
I've rechecked all of my settings as per installation instructions after searching the forums for similar issues, but can't find an error. Expecting it would be in my routes?

Using codeigniter 3 and whichever version is on the community_auth website this morning.

My routes are configured as
//$route['default_controller'] = 'welcome';
$route['maps/(:any)'] = 'maps/view/$1';
$route['default_controller'] = 'map';
//$route['news/(:any)'] = 'news/view/$1';
//$route['default_controller'] = 'news';
$route['404_override'] = '';
$route['translate_uri_dashes'] = FALSE;
$route[LOGIN_PAGE] = 'examples/login';

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2017, 06:45 PM by skunkbad.)

Perhaps CI is not seeing the ajax request as an ajax request.

What is the output of $this->input->is_ajax_request() ???

The problem also could be that the ajax login example assumes you've removed index.php from your URLs. If you've left in index.php, then change the URL in the examples/ajax_login method to:

'/index.php/examples/ajax_attempt_login'

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2017, 03:42 AM by koficypher.)

I think this is a similar thing am currently facing. The url ommits the folder name in which my application is in. I have also removed index.php but i still face this problem

(02-06-2017, 03:41 AM)koficypher Wrote: I think this is a similar thing am currently facing. The url ommits the folder name in which my application is in. I have also removed index.php but i still face this problem

Is this related to Community Auth, or just CI? Which URL?

(02-06-2017, 08:22 AM)skunkbad Wrote:
(02-06-2017, 03:41 AM)koficypher Wrote: I think this is a similar thing am currently facing. The url ommits the folder name in which my application is in. I have also removed index.php but i still face this problem

It is related to community_auth. Any time i try to login the ajax way, at best nothing submits and at worst of all i get a 404 error message on the ajax_attempt_login page. Now when i open my console and i  see the same 404 error message with the full path to my site. Now the folder which contains my site say "myapp" is ommitted from the url. So i have something like this: http://localhost/examples/ajax_attempt_login. Even after i added ajax_attempt_login page to allow login on that page.

(02-06-2017, 12:40 PM)Okoficypher Wrote:
(02-06-2017, 08:22 AM)skunkbad Wrote:

It is related to community_auth. Any time i try to login the ajax way, at best nothing submits and at worst of all i get a 404 error message on the ajax_attempt_login page. Now when i open my console and i  see the same 404 error message with the full path to my site. Now the folder which contains my site say "myapp" is ommitted from the url. So i have something like this: http://localhost/examples/ajax_attempt_login. Even after i added ajax_attempt_login page to allow login on that page.

Check the repository commits from yesterday. This was fixed.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB