Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI4 User Authentication System

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2017, 10:54 PM by visualsol.)

Here's another auth-only library for consideration:

http://ptejada.com/projects/uFlex

Good luck!
Bob
Join Codeigniter #Slack Chat

(03-06-2017, 10:53 PM)visualsol Wrote: Here's another auth-only library for consideration:

http://ptejada.com/projects/uFlex

Interesting that this library doesn't send emails. Perhaps I should not include emailing in mine, or provide the option to turn it off?

(03-09-2017, 08:32 AM)ajturner Wrote: Interesting that this library doesn't send emails. Perhaps I should not include emailing in mine, or provide the option to turn it off?

Maybe just fire a Hook and let the developer decide what to do?

Side note: I really need to change the name of that library to Events now. I mis-type the name every time. Smile

Great!

But please, think even harder about 'the use of others' when going on that quest. Why only MySQL, why not also PostGres, NoSql, GraphQl ... you get the point. Let it be up to the user HOW to implement it and HOW to use it ... that usually makes software more accessible. RestAPI based, maybe?

And please, think ONE MODULE ... that seems to be the hardest part when coming up with things like this ... how about the front end? Will it be based on views rendered on the backend ... or assets loaded in the client and then rendered in the browser ... the list goes on.

But I'd be more than happy to help out, as I've spent my share of time trying to 'use' other peoples solutions ... which mostly turned out to be a frustrating googling experience ...

You do know that this post is over 3 years old.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2021, 11:44 PM by Corsari.)

(09-02-2020, 07:50 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: You do know that this post is over 3 years old.

Hello

thinking about a good guideline about authentication in CodeIgniter 4

can you kindly provide the right link?

There are too many in the CodeIgniter forum

Huh

Sincerely I think CodeIgniter is missing an institutional blog, where "good practices" and "most users requested tutorials" and or "most discussed topics" should be officially/institutionally treated

while the forum should be delegated to what it is , a community help and discussion platform, at that point from the blog you can link to an official discussion thread on the forum

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB