Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BUG: Large file, empty field

[eluser]Alex van der Vegt[/eluser]
I tested it again in CI 1.7 never tested before and now it's working. So i think it is the validation class. CI 1.7 has the new form_validation class and than it's working.

[quote author="fatigue" date="1231537937"]Mattrick,

I guess the problem is in validation class. Because my code is corrupted in validation check stage. I said to use version 1.6.3 of CI -I mean the ex validation class-, the problem is exist.

It should be a solution in CI. Please help us...[/quote]

[eluser]Fatih[/eluser]
I tested CI 1.7 but, it is not working properly and by-passed the form_validation class. But the result is very interesting. I got an error message on result page: "You did not select a file to upload", although I select file size more than 2Mb.

Does anybody have an idea?

PS: I check all PHP variables and all of them are working properly.

Have you tested the file uploading also without CI on your server, is it working then?

If not, check your php.ini for max_file_size and max_execution_time.

[quote author="fatigue" date="1231774703"]I tested CI 1.7 but, it is not working properly and by-passed the form_validation class. But the result is very interesting. I got an error message on result page: "You did not select a file to upload", although I select file size more than 2Mb.

Does anybody have an idea?

PS: I check all PHP variables and all of them are working properly.[/quote]

[eluser]Fatih[/eluser]
[quote author="Mattrick" date="1231778507"]Have you tested the file uploading also without CI on your server, is it working then?

[/quote]

Mattrick,

Yes I checked again all of them and everything is working properly (max_execution_time = 30000 & upload_max_filesize = 32Mb etc.) . I also uploaded files which are less than 2Mb, with CI. But when I choose a file more than 2Mb to upload, I got the same error.

I don't understand, really.

Have you tested the file uploading also without CI on your server, is it working then?

[quote author="fatigue" date="1231781183"][quote author="Mattrick" date="1231778507"]Have you tested the file uploading also without CI on your server, is it working then?

[/quote]

Mattrick,

Yes I checked again all of them and everything is working properly (max_execution_time = 30000 & upload_max_filesize = 32Mb etc.) . I also uploaded files which are less than 2Mb, with CI. But when I choose a file more than 2Mb to upload, I got the same error.

I don't understand, really.[/quote]

[eluser]Fatih[/eluser]
Humm.

Actually, yes I tested and I saw that it doesn't work. It means this isn't problem of CI. I guess in my php configuration problem. But I couldn't find...

[eluser]Fatih[/eluser]
Finally, it has been solved!

In my case, although upload_max_filesize is more than 2M, post_max_size is 256K. But, as a rule of thumb, this directive setting should be larger than upload_max_filesize, to account for any other form fields that may be passed addition to uploaded file. [url www.apress.com/resource/bookfile/1676]For more details[/url].

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB