Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Reduce loading time

(05-07-2017, 02:59 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: The SELECT * will slow your queries down, your better off specifying you database fields.

ok i will change that
but i think the requetes time is not the problème because it is only 0.0132 seconde

Total Execution Time: 0.3919 second is fine to me. It's ok and not too slow.
Keep calm.

Execution time of almost 0.4 seconds is pretty high to me. You can probably optimize your queries self (only select what you use) like Others said. But also have a look at your loops for room of improvement.

What do you do with the data?

Offtopic:
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/

(05-07-2017, 09:32 PM)Paradinight Wrote: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/

It's much more likely that the changes recommended by page speed will increase your load times more then millisecond differences in server response. Render blocking and asset optimization make a huge difference in perceived page load.

Now i am look at server response time not load times

Is there a solution to test my web hosting without test my Codeigniter application?

You could run in local copy of your app and compare the execution time.

(05-08-2017, 08:11 AM)spjonez Wrote:
(05-07-2017, 09:32 PM)Paradinight Wrote: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/

It's much more likely that the changes recommended by page speed will increase your load times more then millisecond differences in server response. Render blocking and asset optimization make a huge difference in perceived page load.

spjonez: it was offtopic and has nothing to do with the problem from paul.

Paul: I can not help, because i do not know what you do in the code.

Other possibility:
- you database server is not on the same server/network (slow connection, because the db server is far away)
- many calls to the hard disks
- loops
- math
- array sort
- array search

(05-05-2017, 03:27 PM)paul Wrote: Hello

The home page of my website at a Server response time of 0,40 second

I would like to know how to reduce this time
but i don't know if this delay is because of my web hosting or because of a bad use of codeigniter

the profiler say:
Loading Time: Base Classes 

Controller Execution Time ( Accueil / Index )  
Total Execution Time  

i have put a start benchmark->mark  at the start of my controller[Image: 431213startmark.png]

and a end benchmark->mark at the end of my controller[Image: 849476endmark.png]

the elapsed_time is 0.0826

could you help me to find the waste of time

Thx

Maybe you should put 'benchmark->mark' inside called function not in constructor.
Keep calm.

I think, there is no way to reduce server loading time. You have to remove unused images, javascript and CSS to increase the loading time of a website.
Vrinsoft training center one of the best training institute for PHP training in Ahmedabad.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB