Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Community Auth - Database Error

Let me say first that I think there is alot of potential for this addon. However after creating the user you can't login by going to examples/index. Instead you get the following error message:

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1048
Column 'id' cannot be null
INSERT INTO `auth_sessions` (`id`, `user_id`, `login_time`, `ip_address`, `user_agent`) VALUES (NULL, '196742049', '2017-05-21 23:32:40', '::1', 'Chrome 58.0. on Windows 10')
Filename: C:/wamp64/www/auth/system/database/DB_driver.php
Line Number: 691

To me it seems that its trying to insert NULL in the id field of the auth_sessions table and NULL can not be there.

(database fields)
 id             user_id             login_time                          ip_address                user_agent
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NULL         196742049        2017-05-21 23:32:40           ::1                          Chrome 58.0. on Windows 10

What is your session config look like? Have you set base_url in config/config? Did you properly set up your encryption key?

(05-22-2017, 07:50 AM)skunkbad Wrote: What is your session config look like? Have you set base_url in config/config? Did you properly set up your encryption key?

I set the base_url in config. Used the key creator script for the encryption. My sessions i set to

Database
Save path ci_sessions

Then i tried
Database
Save path auth_sessions

But still got the same error.

(05-22-2017, 11:27 AM)kwat3173 Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 07:50 AM)skunkbad Wrote: What is your session config look like? Have you set base_url in config/config? Did you properly set up your encryption key?

I set the base_url in config. Used the key creator script for the encryption. My sessions i set to

Database
Save path ci_sessions

Then i tried
Database
Save path auth_sessions

To ensure that this is not a CI config problem, switch your save path back to ci_sessions, then do a simple test to see if sessions are working. If sessions are working, then there could be a problem with Community Auth, but we won't know until you can prove that sessions are working.

There has almost never been a time when Community Auth had a problem that wasn't related to install or config. If after doing your own debugging you still need help, you'll want to create a dump of your mysql database, and include it with a zip of your website. You can make this available to me on Google drive, dropbox, or anywhere else I can download it. I'm a busy guy, but if you give me a couple days, I'll tell you what you did wrong.

(05-22-2017, 01:28 PM)skunkbad Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 11:27 AM)kwat3173 Wrote:

Database
Save path ci_sessions

Then i tried
Database
Save path auth_sessions

To ensure that this is not a CI config problem, switch your save path back to ci_sessions, then do a simple test to see if sessions are working. If sessions are working, then there could be a problem with Community Auth, but we won't know until you can prove that sessions are working.

There has almost never been a time when Community Auth had a problem that wasn't related to install or config. If after doing your own debugging you still need help, you'll want to create a dump of your mysql database, and include it with a zip of your website. You can make this available to me on Google drive, dropbox, or anywhere else I can download it. I'm a busy guy, but if you give me a couple days, I'll tell you what you did wrong.

I got it to work. The issue was indeed with my ci_sessions. 

I created the table using:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `ci_sessions` (
       `id` varchar(128) NOT NULL,
       `ip_address` varchar(45) NOT NULL,
       `timestamp` int(10) unsigned DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
       `data` blob NOT NULL,
       KEY `ci_sessions_timestamp` (`timestamp`)
);

But I didn't do the following:

You will also need to add a PRIMARY KEY depending on your ‘sess_match_ip’ setting. The examples below work both on MySQL

// When sess_match_ip = TRUE
ALTER TABLE ci_sessions ADD PRIMARY KEY (id, ip_address);

// When sess_match_ip = FALSE
ALTER TABLE ci_sessions ADD PRIMARY KEY (id);

// To drop a previously created primary key (use when changing the setting)
ALTER TABLE ci_sessions DROP PRIMARY KEY;

Now everything is working! YAY!

Glad you got it working.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB