Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A Simple Forum Software built on CI4

(06-27-2017, 10:22 PM)kilishan Wrote: I needed to work on a semi-real project with CI4 to find any pain points, and explore things a little from the developers perspective. With my framework developer hat on, it's too easy to get bogged down in the little details, and forget about bigger parts and workflow, so this should help me ensure it all fits together as expected, and to find any rough edges that need smoothing out.

So, I've decided to work on a simple forum software. I don't know that it will get to a full production-quality system any time soon, but I thought anyone interested in CI4 might like a sample application to look at. I'm not trying to say that the way I'm coding this app is the only way, because its most definitely not. I hope it can provide some inspiration, though, as to different ways you could use it.

The forum concept I'm running with now is inspired by the lighter forum systems out there like NodeBB and the system Statamic built for themselves. Posts will be parsed with Markdown. I'll be porting over my authentication system from Sprint and streamlining it for CI4 usage. I might even use it as a test for some social authentication to boot.

In the future, it might get refactored into something more generic but for now it's being coded as if it was for a single website/install. That way I don't have to mess with templating, plugins, etc.

I'm just getting started, but if you want to follow along, the repo is over here.

Do you need help? Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Simple Forum Software built on CI4 - by Paradinight - 06-28-2017, 11:21 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB