Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A Simple Forum Software built on CI4

(06-28-2017, 11:42 AM)kilishan Wrote: ...I'd probably need to figure out all of the things it's supposed to do instead of making it up as I go.

lol. I love building play things that have semi serious goals but are really just personal fun projects. It is the making it up as you go along that makes it so much fun. I have one site I must have rebuilt ten times now, when I thought "oh, I know how I should have done that" and joyfully started recoding it all again from scratch!

I must admit I have probably gone full circle a couple of times. Oh the joy of working without a plan.

NodeBB is beautifully clean. The difficulty of doing a forum like this is having to be all the people, the thread starter, the first time viewer, the comment leaver, the spammer, the author, the admin etc etc. Far too complicated for a fun project for me, but then again, you are a CI author, so probably not too complicated for you.

Look forward to trying it out sometime (just to learn how perhaps things should be coded).

Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Simple Forum Software built on CI4 - by PaulD - 06-28-2017, 11:53 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB