Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
set the "document root" to the public folder inside your project

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2017, 08:49 AM by John_Betong.)

(07-14-2017, 09:41 AM)Edel Wrote: If in system/CodeIgniter.php , I delete line 38
Code:
use Config\Services;

the problem disappears( returns the welcome message), but I dont' know why and its consequences.

I run Linux and have successfully installed CodeIgniter several times.

I found the installation instructions slightly confusing because Ubuntu Apache2 does not have a /public/ folder. Instead it has a /public_html/ folder where index.php should be copied and modified. The modifications are to set the paths to the Application and System folders.

The index.php can be tested by echo __FILE__; die; at the top of the index.php file. This should display the full path when http://localhost/ is called from the browser command line.

I copy the Application folder above the Root (where the index.php file resides) and the System folder into an even higher, common, CI2 folder (could even be on another drive). This makes it easily available to other CodeIgniter installations on the same drive. The System folder contents should never be altered.

The identical structure can be uploaded to the server and does not require any changes apart from the .htaccess file for pretty URLs, file type optimisatiion, caching, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: set the "document root" to the public folder inside your project - by John_Betong - 07-15-2017, 06:57 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB