Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter4 needs more attention

We need a few more opinions on the Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/PHP/comments/76...attention/

Most of the users downvoted and almost no one found CI useful. Please support the thread. Thanks.

You're obviously not familiar with /r/PHP ...

People there will find a reason to fight over anything, but if there's one thing that will unite them, that'd be hate towards CI. Smile

(10-16-2017, 12:04 PM)snoopy Wrote: We need a few more opinions on the Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/PHP/comments/76...attention/

Most of the users downvoted and almost no one found CI useful. Please support the thread. Thanks.

Everyone chooses for themselves: a woman, a religion, a road! Rolleyes

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2017, 09:15 AM by skunkbad.)

Many criticisms but when it all comes down to it I think many people are just scared that their preferred framework will lose its ranking. All their time invested in that framework will be lost, since as hipsters they will feel obligated to go to the next popular framework. I'm still getting CI jobs, so it can't be that dead ... And I'm in the USA where stats that I've seen show CI usage is lower than other places. Let it be known, CI is dead, so move along so I can have more work Smile

(10-16-2017, 12:04 PM)snoopy Wrote: We need a few more opinions on the Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/PHP/comments/76...attention/

fight against windmills.

those guys over there at reddit are just haters, i would always flow with codeigniter for 2 basic reason:

1. Easy documentation
  2. just just the documentation, but its easier to understand compared to those other top framework
without codeigniters doc, i can explain every angle of it to a dummy, while i can agree Laravel is king in the framework world of php, but not every commoner respects the king, for so many obvious reasons known to them.

so i my opinion codeigniter still rocks even with it limitations. have been able to extend various part of the framework both 3 and the oncoming 4 with features i like to have on it for my projects.

(10-17-2017, 10:36 AM)scalla Wrote: those guys over there at reddit are just haters, i would always flow with codeigniter for 2 basic reason:

1. Easy documentation
  2. just just the documentation, but its easier to understand compared to those other top framework
without codeigniters doc, i can explain every angle of it to a dummy, while i can agree Laravel is king in the framework world of php, but not every commoner respects the king, for so many obvious reasons known to them.

so i my opinion codeigniter still rocks even with it limitations. have been able to extend various part of the framework both 3 and the oncoming 4 with features i like to have on it for my projects.

Laravel is no "king". This isn't a monarchy or any other kind of power structure.

Two main reasons why I am using CodeIgniter:
  1. Ease of use
  2. Speed

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB