Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Web Installer for Codeigniter 4 (install.php)

Hello Dev's

I love Codeigniter and I make most (all) my projects in codeigniter but coz it's freedom  Heart Heart Heart  . There is just one more thing that I wanted in it. Please make a installer for the web application. So that when I give my project to the client, The client can put his own url,database, and language.

Like Wordpress or any other CMS has a installer. I hope it won't effect the core functionality of Framework. And It will be a nice feature for everybody.

Please reply with your opinion 

Thank you

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2017, 12:20 PM by PaulD.)

This sounds a bit like the problems associated with shopping carts, auth packages etc. I doubt there would ever be one way that would please everyone. It also sounds like a tough ask, in that there are so many variations of web hosting set ups, what exactly would you include and what would you miss out?

Although not a CI4 user yet, I am guessing this would be better suited as a add-on as opposed to core functionality.

Paul.

The barebones for the installer already in the framework, its called migrations and seeders xD
Suit yourself and create a simple controller to automatically run these on the first run...

https://github.com/arisroyo/codeigniter-installer

Here just improve it Smile
There are those who tell lies with meaning behind them and those meaning less lies!

(11-01-2017, 10:53 AM)ankeshprpwebs Wrote: Hello Dev's

I love Codeigniter and I make most (all) my projects in codeigniter but coz it's freedom  Heart Heart Heart  . There is just one more thing that I wanted in it. Please make a installer for the web application. So that when I give my project to the client, The client can put his own url,database, and language.

Like Wordpress or any other CMS has a installer. I hope it won't effect the core functionality of Framework. And It will be a nice feature for everybody.

Please reply with your opinion 

Thank you
I apologize for the English.
Take for a basis controller Install.php.
Here the link on a source code.
https: // github.com/hedii/Codeigniter-Forum

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017, 04:46 AM by PaulD. Edit Reason: 5 good reasons - not 4 )

(11-09-2017, 11:08 PM)identity_one Wrote: I m interested in making one, if i get enough support(in terms of use).
Otherwise whats the use of making of code if nobody gonna use it.

That is so negative.

Five good reasons:
1. Self development
2. For the joy of it
3. To offer something back to the open source community, or the CI community
4. For the challenge
5. For your own use in many projects

You code it as best you can. You make it available to others to use. You might get feedback, you might not. It might get improved, it might not. It might get widespread use, it might not. Either way, you have a tool now that you have created that you can use whenever you need it.

Be more positive and independent, life is fun. It doesn't really matter what people think about you, it is your life and the only thing that really matters is what you think about it.

Paul

(11-10-2017, 04:45 AM)PaulD Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 11:08 PM)identity_one Wrote: I m interested in making one, if i get enough support(in terms of use).
Otherwise whats the use of making of code if nobody gonna use it.

That is so negative.

Five good reasons:
1. Self development
2. For the joy of it
3. To offer something back to the open source community, or the CI community
4. For the challenge
5. For your own use in many projects

You code it as best you can. You make it available to others to use. You might get feedback, you might not. It might get improved, it might not. It might get widespread use, it might not. Either way, you have a tool now that you have created that you can use whenever you need it.

Be more positive and independent, life is fun. It doesn't really matter what people think about you, it is your life and the only thing that really matters is what you think about it.

Paul

Very Good, Excellent Answer.

Here is a stand alone free Installer that will give you a clue of how to build your own.

ApPHP EasyInstaller
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB