Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Community Auth - Login error if autoload form_validation library

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2018, 07:03 AM by vcode.)

Hello,

I am encountering a strange problem with Community Auth.

Multiple login attempts fail when I autoload application dependent libraries like this - $autoload['libraries'] = array('database','form_validation');

This results in an empty 'form_token'.

The issue is limited to auto loading 'form_validation' only.  Login succeeds as soon as I remove 'form_validation' from the auto load array.

I am using the default "demo" login to test Community Auth with no changes to the controller or views except for the config changes mentioned in the installation steps.

Could someone suggest what could possibly be the issue? 

Thanks and Regards,
Venkat

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2018, 06:15 PM by skunkbad.)

In the past somebody had a similar issue, and that problem was that the autoloaded class wasn't able to use the customizations that Community Auth had done because the autoload file did not specify a path the the third_party directory that Community Auth resides in.

So that's probably the case here. This was that thread: https://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-68797.html

Besides that, you do realize that by autoloading something like form_validation, that it will be loaded on every request, right? It's hard to imagine that every request on your website would use the form validation class. You should think about that.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB