Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
php 7.2 Throws Error

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 03:55 PM by bhogsett.)

I have just upgraded to php 7.2 on inMotion hosting.

I get an error when loading Codeigniter pages, but not other php scripts.  I am using CI 3.1.7. Pages load and then show this error::

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Core Warning

Message: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'sqlite3.so' (tried: /opt/php72/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/sqlite3.so (/opt/php72/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/sqlite3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/php72/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/sqlite3.so.so (/opt/php72/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20160303/sqlite3.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory))

Filename: Unknown

Line Number: 0

Backtrace:

I am not using sqlite.

If the control panel is cPanel, you might go in and see if the sqlite3 PHP extension is on/off, and try switching it to the other. This sounds like a hosting issue to me, hence "line 0".

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 04:44 PM by bhogsett. Edit Reason: q )

The control panel is CPanel, but I do not see any referencer to sqlite in the database section or anywhere else.

Where should the sqlite on/off be located?

I agree it sounds like a hosting issue. But does Codeigniter require sqlite?

(02-25-2018, 04:43 PM)bhogsett Wrote: I agree it sounds like a hosting issue.  But does Codeigniter require sqlite?

No it doesn't. Even if it did, you would see a different error message.

This one means that PHP itself is configured to load the sqlite3 extension, but the extension doesn't exist.

Just submit a service request to the host. They should feel obligated to fix this for you.

I am contacting the host.  But they have hoops to jump through that require information from the person payng for the site rather than just the cPanel login. Undecided

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB