Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Looking for hoster. Any pos/neg feedback re: BlueHost

when times get tough (they aren't yet) it will be all about support.
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

(05-04-2018, 12:44 AM)richb201 Wrote: when times get tough (they aren't yet) it will be all about support.

100% agree with you.

(05-03-2018, 08:11 AM)skunkbad Wrote: @richb201, I've used a bunch of hosts in the 14+ years I've been working on websites. I've never had a host give me the level of support you desire. It's simply not their job. As a developer, it's your job to know the dependencies and requirements of your application, and you should be able to ask a host specific questions without signing up. By asking the appropriate questions, you'd save yourself a lot of time, but then you'd probably already know the answer. Shared hosting is meant for the majority of small websites that don't require anything special. If previous hosts have recommended VPS, that's their way of telling you that you're going outside the box they're putting everyone in. Since you're willing to pay extra for support, why not just use that money to buy the VPS plan? VPS will allow you to have the server just how you want it, and since it works in your development environment, you'd just give the VPS the same extensions/features.

Hey Skunk, I see you wrote (or at least wrote the help system for) the Community Auth. I am leaving for vacation later today and will be gone for 8 days. When I get back I will want to integrate a Community Auth into my project. I will probably need some support.  I also read that you took the demo app out of Community Auth. I am looking for the basics:

register
login/logout
change password
forgot password

That's about it. No need to use groups. No need for administrator designation. The email address is the identifier (userid). Give me an idea of how we can do this?

Rich  - send me your email
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB