Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
LTS - CI 3 -- how long will it be supported/maintained ?

(06-17-2018, 03:17 PM)CINewb Wrote: I had the same question around a year ago.  We had two projects we wanted to build using CodeIgniter, and it brought me a tinge of sadness to start with version 3 knowing it would become obsolete faster than version 4.  However, we couldn't sit around and wait for version 4 to be released.

One project was built pretty quickly and 12 months on we've almost finished a second mammoth project using CI3. As mentioned above version 3 should be good for a minimum of two years after the release of version 4, but it's been around for a while and is so widely used I suspect you'll be able to maintain and support it for many years to come.

Hey, this is exactly the same dilemma I'm facing right now (or since the past few months). I almost jump into the Laravel bandwagon but aborted the mission because the learning curve is too much for me and very poor documentation.

I'm sorry, I created a new thread before reading this one. I believe there are many other developers facing this issue because of some "uncertainties" in CI development milestones (with unknown ETA, and council decision making)... For example, look at PHP when Rasmus first started it and look at it now... CI needs a stronger team maybe a qualified project manager to outlined where this project is going, does the CI have problem with funding that makes it so slow in development, its opensource right I believe a lot other devs can offer PR helps but it seems like most features/fix are not in favor of the original(or current) author/owner this should be more community-oriented project so it can grow fast like L......

Messages In This Thread
RE: LTS - CI 3 -- how long will it be supported/maintained ? - by rangka.kacang - 06-19-2018, 01:47 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB