Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
LTS - CI 3 -- how long will it be supported/maintained ?

(06-19-2018, 10:20 AM)php_rocs Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 08:27 AM)Pertti Wrote: I feel CI may suffer image problem a little bit, usually described as very simple not so modern (no namespacing) PHP framework that doesn't have many built in features, so it's ok for some amateur to easily pick up, but "real" developers should be using Laravel.

@Pertti,

I completely disagree with the portion of this statement where you say ..."real" developers should be using Laravel.  A real developer can use whatever tool is put in front of them and make it do whatever is necessary to get the job done.  A framework is only as good as the developer that is using it.  CI developers are "real" developers too!

I agree, sorry if it came across any different.

However to someone that has not used CI, that's how CodeIgniter is still described in all these comparison articles.

It would take some coordinated effort to consciously get the message out that while it's still easiest framework to pick up, it's also very good tool for "real" projects, even better, because it's faster out of box and it's very easy to make work the way you want/need.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LTS - CI 3 -- how long will it be supported/maintained ? - by Pertti - 06-19-2018, 12:28 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB