Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Show your support!

CodeIgniter is a community-driven open source project. One aspect of this is that development of the framework is done on a volunteer basis, as contributor time and circumstances permit. A side effect of the volunteerism is that we cannot promise release dates or a firm development schedule, in spite of continued requests for the same.

Lonnie Ezell, lead developer for version 4, has setup a Patreon page for himself, so that the community can help him find more time to work on the project. This is a way that each of you can help ensure the future of CodeIgniter!
James Parry
Project Lead

Why do not you create a donation page on the official CodeIgniter website?

I've always wondered why you did not do it.

You do not need to force anyone but simply leaving a page on the official website encourages donations.

Example: https://www.linuxmint.com/donors.php

As code contributions drag on, it is perhaps because users of this framework prefer to pay... ?

(06-29-2018, 11:27 AM)falko Wrote: Why do not you create a donation page on the official CodeIgniter website?

I've always wondered why you did not do it.

The framework is owned by BCIT, and there would be complications setting up a donations page unless the CodeIgniter project was a separate legal entity Undecided

I am interested in how many people donate money for the project.

How can i help? 4 help wanted issue.

(06-30-2018, 09:52 AM)Paradinight Wrote: I am interested in how many people donate money for the project.

I'm in. I sure hope that many users join.

(06-30-2018, 10:58 AM)muuucho Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 09:52 AM)Paradinight Wrote: I am interested in how many people donate money for the project.

I'm in. I sure hope that many users join.

If folks want CI4 faster, this in the way to get it done.

can we sponsor pizzas/beer to the devs Big Grin ?

(07-05-2018, 07:44 AM)admin0 Wrote: can we sponsor pizzas/beer  to the devs Big Grin ?

That is what the patreon page is for Smile

(07-05-2018, 07:55 AM)ciadmin Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 07:44 AM)admin0 Wrote: can we sponsor pizzas/beer  to the devs Big Grin ?

That is what the patreon page is for Smile

Coffee is very important. Without coffee i can not work Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB