Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DNS Address Could Not be Found Error

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 01:42 PM by ciadmin.)

Someone helped me to resolve the same issue I got a few months ago. It also depend which browser you're using? Based on the error message you're getting you would need to follow the steps below:

Flush the DNS
Press Windows + R
Type CMD, press Enter.
On the command prompt type: netsh winsock reset catalog then press Enter.
Restart the computer to check if it works.
Change DNS settings
Right click on the Network icon in the system tray, then click on Open network and sharing center.
A Window will open, on the left pane click on change adapter settings
You will see all Network connection, you need to identify which is active and connected. It can be LAN or wireless connection. Right click on it then click Properties.
Check "Use the following DNS Server addresses option, put the following numbers.
Preferred DNS Server: 8.8.8.8
Alternate DNS Server: 8.8.4.4
Click Ok.

You may also try to use other browsers therefore there's a guide available online you might check **REDACTED**

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2019, 01:44 PM by ciadmin.)

(07-19-2018, 02:24 AM)JobeHead Wrote: Recently I updated windows to windows 10 everything is fine with it except one error which occurs every time when I surf the Internet actually when I use the internet it works for only 3 4 minutes and sometimes lasts for 10 minutes and after this, It suddenly shows an error DNS Address Could Not be Found. No error occurs before Updating windows Please help me to fix this error as soon as possible share the correct way to solve this thanks in advance.
**REDACTED**

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 10:04 AM by ciadmin.)

(09-05-2019, 04:21 AM)Mohsin Boruah Wrote: The article here will help you out.
http://techstuffsarena.com/2019/01/25/dn...-internet/

You can try doing this.

Go to network and internet settings > Status > Change connection properties > Edit IP settings > Select automatic DHCP and save. 

**SEO spam redacted**

(03-22-2019, 10:56 PM)petersmith69 Wrote: try contacting window's customer care and follow the steps provided by them.
if you don't want that, try switching back to windows 8,as windows 10 still consist many bugs.
hope i m helpful.

I have contacted support after following all those steps also, I am facing the same issue....

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2019, 01:00 PM by InsiteFX.)

If you are on a cable internet provider then that will not work!
Your provider sends you the DNS server address.

You need to have your provider reset your modem for the DNS to update.

Some providers like my Xfinity allows me to reset everything here.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(07-19-2018, 02:24 AM)JobeHead Wrote: Recently I updated windows to windows 10 everything is fine with it except one error which occurs every time when I surf the Internet actually when I use the internet it works for only 3 4 minutes and sometimes lasts for 10 minutes and after this, It suddenly shows an error DNS Address Could Not be Found. No error occurs before Updating windows Please help me to fix this error as soon as possible share the correct way to solve this thanks in advance.

I am also having the same issue.

(10-02-2019, 06:56 AM)saraparker Wrote:

I am also having the same issue.
I fix this error somewhile ago, changing the DNS server, you can the steps on post #1 and also renewing the DNS cache.

1. Open the Command Prompt as Administrator
2. Once, there, run the following commands, one by one:
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /registerdns
If you haven able to fix the error, you can try these methods about this error on Chrome. Also try to restart your router, sometimes it fixes dns cache issues.

If this "Server DNS address could not be found" error is caused by one of Google Chrome's extensions, clearing the host cache might help. To clear host cache, open Google Chrome and a new Incognito window - click the three dots in the top-right corner and select "New incognito window".

Follow these steps

1. Check your URL first which you have typed
2. Reset the browser and restart
3. Flush the DNS  
    open cmd 
    type ipconfig/flushdns and Enter

4. Release and renew the IP address
    open cmd
    type ipconfig/release and press Enter
    type ipconfig/renew and press Enter

5. Reset Chrome Flags
    type chrome://flags on Chrome URL