Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Migration from Wordpress to CodeIgniter

(08-09-2018, 09:26 AM)donpwinston Wrote: 1. Is CodeIgniter a really strong platform regarding security? Yes

2. Do I have to update any themes, or plugins or whatever every now and then like I do in Wordpress ? Not really, but you've goto develop them.

3. Is there a plugin or any way to migrate the existing websites to CodeIgniter without paying a fortune or getting a master degree in computing? No. You've got to do a lot of programming.

4. Can this migration be done in a SEO friendly way without loosing my current google rankings? Yes

I'd stick with WordPress unless you're willing to do a lot of work. Converting to Drupal is going to give you the same issues. Drupal is also more complicated than WordPress but it's a better CMS.

I agree.

CI is a PHP framework Wordpress is a "CMS". Drupal is very complicated, not probably worth the investment. The primary difference between a FRAMEWORK like CI and CMS like WP is that WP provides a complete solution to building a website without any coding capabilities. A framework like CI is merely a library of APIs you would use to built a website/app. A framework like CI offers no out of box interfaces to build websites like WP. Depending on the complexity of the site migrating from WP to CI would involve building an administrative interface and front-end front complete scratch. That is something that WP and Drupal offer out of the box which makes them very different from a framework like CI.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Migration from Wordpress to CodeIgniter - by cilover85 - 08-22-2018, 12:03 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB