Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Personal opinions and opinions

Hi everybody!
I want to share about Codeigniter's new home and everything, this is my personal point of view.
First I talked about CI

CI was my first PHP framework, and although I did not have a bit of experience myself, I was attracted by the simplicity of CI.

Here are some of my thoughts on the framework and all the general community:

Forum == Heart of the community
The current forum compared to previous forums is the desire.
It would be good to move it from MyBB to another CMS like EE, IP.Board,
Xenforo or even a custom solution (or keed it and add a nice template)

CI certification?
Symfony has its own certification. Now with BCIT it will be easier to create this function. Paid or free.

Elli's decision to let CI be good?
Twig?
Twig is used by many frameworks such as laravel, symfony and phpbb. If for license reasons, you can not add it compatible.

Agreed that the forum is at the core of the community.
We have looked at other forum software particularly phpbb, but do not hve the resources to move at this point.

Certifiction through BCIT is not likely - CodeIgniter does not align with the institute's diplomas or degrees.

Twig is but one of several templating engines tht have been proposed. We have purposefully avoided bundling one, because there isn't one that will make everyone happy, CodeIgniter4 has a siginficantly ehance template parser, and it will be easier to integrate third party tools like Twig.

(This post was last modified: 08-20-2018, 07:54 PM by John_Betong. Edit Reason: added Discourse link )

@ciadmin

>>> We have looked at other forum software particularly phpbb, but do not hve the resources to move at this point.

Has Discourse been considered?

https://www.discourse.org/

(08-20-2018, 07:52 PM)John_Betong Wrote: @ciadmin

>>> We have looked at other forum software particularly phpbb, but do not hve the resources to move at this point.

Has Discourse been considered?

https://www.discourse.org/

We haven't yet. When time permits ...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB