Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Video tutorials

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2018, 10:48 AM by ignitedcms.)

Hi guys when you watch video tutorials on saying installing Codeigniter or laravel, do you think someone speaking over the video is better than say a text box appearing below?

I want to do a video tutorial but the idea of talking is not really an ideal situation.

Any thoughts and ideas are welcome.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

(09-12-2018, 10:47 AM)ignitedcms Wrote: Hi guys when you watch video tutorials on saying installing Codeigniter or laravel, do you think someone speaking over the video is better than say a text box appearing below?

I want to do a video tutorial but the idea of talking is not really an  ideal situation.

I hate video tutorials.

I think voice-over is better, you can listen to it on background, for example. But in the end of the day it's what you feel more comfortable with.

(09-12-2018, 12:21 PM)Paradinight Wrote:
(09-12-2018, 10:47 AM)ignitedcms Wrote: Hi guys when you watch video tutorials on saying installing Codeigniter or laravel, do you think someone speaking over the video is better than say a text box appearing below?

I want to do a video tutorial but the idea of talking is not really an  ideal situation.

I hate video tutorials.

I think you're missing a trick Wink Especially when you are introducing something that is brand new, nothing beats the wow factor of a video tutorial. Of course, when you are familiar with the basics then you can refer to the documentation. There should be both.

I do agree that talking is better but you always hate the sound of your own voice, isn't that strange haha.

I was thinking some sort of subtitles or even this:

https://www.naturalreaders.com/online/

But it still sounded robotic to my liking.

Hmm, I think I'll experiment.

Thank you for your opinions!
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB