Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
EE Forum

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
Hey,

Since that EE2 is fully ignited, does that mean that we can impliment the EE Forum into our code igniter applications? I am happy to buy the forum, and I've been working on my own code igniter forum, but I would much prefer the commercial quality of the EE forum.

Regards,
James

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
That's the goal James. I'm not sure what licensing, etc will work like, and the forums might still require parts of EE (member handling for example), but yeah, the goal is that you should be able to just drop EE on top of the CI code, and poof, it works. I've done this with bambooinvoice as a proof of concept, and EE2 that is currently running, is doing so on an almost stock base of CI.

Thanks Derek. I'm really excited about this. Do you think it would be possible to take the EE Tags Parser and impliment it in CodeIgniter? I was thinking about building a blog system with support for templates from many open source blogs, but I love working with EE tags.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Might be possible. Derek Jones (another dev) has discussed this before on these forums... I'm not sure where it is offhand, but poke around and see if you can find it.

Thanks. I'l have a look.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB