Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What's the CI4 big change?

Hi All,

This question should pinned in forum thread as motivation, well as a newbie thoughts it won't be easy just like copy and paste the "system" folder with the latest CI version, wish there will be an easy single click to upgrade from each version to the latest one ( especially from big overhauls )

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2019, 02:19 PM by albertleao.)

(02-01-2019, 03:43 AM)servo Wrote: Hi All,

This question should pinned in forum thread as motivation, well as a newbie thoughts it won't be easy just like copy and paste the "system" folder with the latest CI version, wish there will be an easy single click to upgrade from each version to the latest one ( especially from big overhauls )

@jimparry

As I said!!! Smile
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(01-31-2019, 11:10 PM)ciadmin Wrote: @albertleao Fair enough.
It may take a while to "win back" developers to CI4, but I hope that a stable release, and the docs, and external benchmarks will be enough to persuade them to take a look. The "legacy" label is deserved for CI3, but I think that CI4 is a different beast Smile

I hope you're right.

I've been using Codeigniter for 9 years and unfortunately I'm also one of those on the fence about upgrading to CI4 or moving to Symfony/Laravel.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

How many times need more to release CI4 ?

(02-05-2019, 10:11 PM)mhrishad Wrote: How many times need more to release CI4 ?

Not sure I understand your question there buddy.

I think he means when the final will arrive and how many alpha, beta's and RC's will be released.
If so, I don't have a clue when the final will be released, except "when it's ready" Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB